Ave Maria University
Position: Ave Maria University (AMU) is seeking a highly motivated, sales-oriented candidate for the position of Admissions Counselor. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, this position is responsible for meeting aggressive enrollment goals. Work includes reviewing student applications, interfacing with prospective students and families, communicating the areas of distinction for attending AMU, and enrolling students that are mission-minded, meet our academic criteria, and involved in other campus communities (athlete, band, campus ministry, households).
Title: Admissions Counselor
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Location: Ave Maria, FL
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· Minimum 2-3 years recent part-time or full-time work experience; progressive increases in responsibility preferred; experience in admissions work or in higher education preferred.
· Strong people and communications skills required, sales experience or customer service experience preferred.
· Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn and work with the university’s other software tools and CRM of TargetX and PowerCampus.
Job Summary and responsibilities:
Meeting pre-determined application, accepted, deposit and enrollment goals for the assigned caseload of prospective students.
Effectively disseminating information to a variety of audiences including prospective students, parents and school officials through presentations, or in one-to-one counseling sessions.
Assisting in planning and implementation of on-campus recruitment events.
Communicating to prospective students and parents through varied media at appropriate times throughout the recruitment cycle.
Participating in application review processes.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Works well in a team environment; positive attitude a must.
· Creative problem-solver with attention to detail.
· Desire to help and teach others.
· Customer service approach to dealing with students, parents and fellow staff and faculty.
· Professional demeanor and ability to interact with students and internal staff and faculty.
Strong writing, presentation, and analytical skills.
Knowledge of admissions information system or CMR software, strong Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
Some evening and weekend hours are required. Driving may be required. Minimal travel may be required.
TO APPLY: Please copy and paste the URL below to your web browser to be directed to the online talent site; register, complete the online application, and attach your resume, cover letter addressed to the attention of Director of Human Resources, and reference letters or contact information for three references:
Ave Maria University provides an excellent benefit package to full time faculty and staff.
Ave Maria University is dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service.
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
About Ave Maria University
Ave Maria University is a Catholic, liberal arts institution of higher learning devoted to Mary the Mother of God, inspired by St. John Paul II and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service.”