Ave Maria University
Coordinator of Student Activities
Title: Coordinator of Student Activities
Employee Class: Full-time
Department: Student Life
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Student Life
The Coordinator of Student Activities will assist the Director in operational and strategic planning initiatives within the Office of Student Life, with a particular focus on university events including the management of Clubs and the Student Activities Board Association.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the Student Activities Board, Clubs / Organizations, and University events.
2. Provide logistic support for activities. Review and approve the appropriate event and bill requests.
3. Recommend Student Club & Organization Handbook policies and procedures to the Director of Student Life and implement as directed.
4. Facilitate, promote and assist with Orientation, Graduation, and student recognition / award presentation events.
5. Monitor budget and maintain a variety of records regarding the Student Activities Board, Clubs, and events.
6. Organize an activities program that will maintain interest and progression over time.
7. Assist the Director of Student Life on planning initiatives for the Department including budget reviews, drafting departmental operational plans and Board of Trustees reports, and updating the Student Handbook.
8. Meeting with individual students, responding to student emails, communicating with parents, being available for students as directed by the Director of Student Life.
INCIDENTAL DUTIES: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
EDUCATION: BA required, advanced degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience (1+ years) in a higher education setting strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Organization, time management, ability to work independently, strong management skills, ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, willingness to serve and connect with the students, detail-orientated, flexible, must be able to work over-time, nights, and weekends
Commitment to the mission, values, goals and plans of Ave Maria University as a Catholic higher education university as expressed in Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Depending on the assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 70 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
WORKING CONDITIONS: One should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics, indoor, and outdoor events. Must be able to work most nights, weekends, and some holidays. Will periodically travel to satellite sites.
Interested candidates should complete the application form, submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references by clicking on this link:
The University provides an excellent benefit package.
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
About Ave Maria University
Ave Maria University is a Catholic, liberal arts institution of higher learning devoted to Mary the Mother of God, inspired by St. John Paul II and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service.”