Ave Maria University
Director of Admissions
Ave Maria University is seeking applications from an experienced, energetic, and productive leader who will serve as the Director of Admissions for the institution.
The Opportunity and Location:
Ave Maria University is located in the town of Ave Maria, Southwest Florida’s newest hometown, and built around the Ave Maria University and the Ave Maria Parish. Ave Maria is a small, safe, and family oriented community that features affordable housing and is just 30 minutes away from the treasures of Naples, Florida with its sugar-sand beaches, cultural attractions and a large array of shopping and dining choices. For more information on the community please visit this link: https://www.avemaria.com/community/lifestyle/
Ave Maria University
Ave Maria University is a private non-profit academic institution that pledges faithfulness to the teachings of the Catholic Church and offers one of the finest classical liberal arts curricula in America, as well as opportunities for specialized study in all of the sciences and humanities.
Ave Maria is known for its exceptional academics, faithfulness to the magisterium of the Catholic Church, dedicated faculty and caring staff, and a unique educational philosophy that strives to develop the whole person. Our students demonstrate their Catholic faith through service, both locally and abroad, through the Mother Teresa Project. AMU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees. The University has 33 degree majors, 15 NAIA sports teams, as well as non-varsity and intramural club sports, faith Households, and many clubs, activities, and social events. For more information on the University please visit: www.avemaria.edu
The Director of Admissions will supervise the recruitment division of the Enrollment Management Leadership team, and will report to and collaborate with the Associate Vice President of Enrollment. The Director of Admissions position has the primary day-to-day responsibility to hire, train, motivate, and supervise the admissions counselors in all facets of student recruiting, while guiding the collective effort of the team towards achieving the University’s annual enrollment goals.
The position will oversee the strategic enrollment and recruitment projects in the office including outreach efforts, communication development and execution, recruitment policy and procedures, and key initiatives in the CRM system.
Together with the Associate Vice President, the Director of Admissions will assist with establishing an annual roadmap with measurable outcomes and assessment methods. The position will perform data searches and generate reports from the database so that data driven decisions can be made regarding recruitment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist the AVPEM in the pursuit of continuous improvement of short and long-term strategic enrollment objectives.
· Hire, train and lead the Admissions Counselors to articulate effectively to prospective students and their families the mission and values of the University.
· Provide vision, leadership, and training to admissions counselors on the strategic direction of Admissions in support of the University’s aggressive enrollment goals while maintaining student quality and diversity.
· Consult and strategize with the Associate Vice President of Enrollment on the development and execution of an innovative, comprehensive, data-driven marketing plan with strategies targeted at coverage / penetration in new and existing markets, admissions issues, and reporting.
· Monitor the implementation of Admissions processing procedures, ensuring compliance with the University, federal, state, and accrediting policies and standards.
· Directs customized admissions counseling and communication strategies, to ensure that the admissions counselors are providing appropriate support and information to the student from inquiry to matriculation.
· Implements measurable enrollment processes and procedures for Admissions that ensures cohesive communication between departments, efficient and timely processing of applications, and customized notification to student
· Work closely with the Director of Financial Aid, Academic department chairs, Registrar division, and Athletic Department staff to provide timely assistance to prospects throughout the enrollment process.
· Collaborate with the Marketing Director on communication related to domestic and international recruitment. Engage in strategic planning with marketing, using data for recruitment.
· Work with the IT department on training related to the processing of software to streamline admission process.
· Interface with personnel of other departments to maintain effective channels of communication on enrollment issues to assist the Admission Counselors in guiding students.
· Promotes collaboration and transparent communication of admission goals, activities, and progress to faculty, staff, and the broader campus community.
· Represents the University to students, parents, and community members at public events.
· Ensures monitoring systems are in place to track compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, and that all staff have the training that they need to comply with relevant laws and regulations, and assures accurate and prompt reporting of data.
· Adheres to and fosters high standards of ethical conduct, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and appropriate financial oversight and controls.
· Attends related university system meetings, and frequently works evenings and weekends.
· Spearhead reporting systems for the President’s Cabinet, Board of Directors, and the Enrollment team to ensure accurate, timely data is generated and reported.
· The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required (Master’s preferred)
5 years of college/university admissions office experience, with at least two years of supervisor experience
Online and regional campus admissions experience
Experience creating recruitment plans and proven ability to meet recruitment goals
Understanding of admission processes and best practices
Experience working in a goal-oriented environment or student enrollment operation.
Familiarity with financial aid awarding criteria.
Experience using TargetX CRM, PowerCampus by Ellucian systems, or similar admissions software preferred, Microsoft Word, and Excel software required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to thrive within a competitive sales atmosphere, setting, motivating, and meeting or overachieving on goals.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills to sell or market the institution and communicate effectively with all levels of the university and external business partners.
Must be a strong leader and skillful manager possessing the change management and flexibility needed to maintain peak performance.
Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Strong team building skills to foster collaboration with a team and expanding university.
Excellent organizational and analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding customer service skills
Self-directed with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
Ability to work in a hands-on capacity at all times.
Knowledge in dealing with human resources, finance, and all other operational details described above.
Must embrace, promote, and have a commitment to the mission, values, goals and plans of Ave Maria University as a Catholic higher education university as expressed in Ex Corde Ecclesiae
Work Conditions and ADA
Position will be in a University Campus setting and will require sitting, standing, and walking.
Will require sitting for long periods of time.
At times, may require availability to work evenings and weekends
May require prolonged periods of utilizing a telephone, and looking at a computer screen
May require long hours to provide support to campus student admissions teams.
Local travel for meetings, conferences and visits within the area may be required.
Interested candidates are required to apply electronically within AMU’s online talent management site.
Copy and paste the below link to AMU’s online talent management site to your web browser. Complete the online application questions, and upload a Letter of Interest addressed to the Director of Human Resources, a current Resume, and three professional references with contact information.
A review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Ave Maria University provides an excellent benefit package to full time faculty and staff.
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
About Ave Maria University
Ave Maria University is a Catholic, liberal arts institution of higher learning devoted to Mary the Mother of God, inspired by St. John Paul II and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service.”