Ave Maria University
Ave Maria University is seeking applicants for the position of Director of Student Life
Title: Director of Student Life
Department: Student Life – 3001
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Vice-President for Student Affairs
Effective: April 2021
Primary function is to direct and manage all student and campus co-curricular activities (outside the residence halls), including but not limited to the administration of student organizations, and event planning for all student events on campus ranging in size and scope. Additional primary functions are maintaining the Department of Student Life budget, maintaining the Student Handbook publication, and advising the Student Government Association and the Student Activities Board.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administration and development of Student Organizations including 40 plus clubs and ministries, as well as advising the Student Government Association and Student Activities Board.
2. Event planning for all campus events (including major events like Parents’ Weekend, Feast Day Celebrations, New Student Orientation, assisting with Commencement events, concerts, conferences, lectures, performances, competitions, etc. for campus undergraduate students.
3. Meeting with individual students, responding to student emails, communicating with parents, being available for students on an as needed basis.
4. Management of the Student Life budget; perform weekly and monthly budget analysis and projections, write annual budget narratives and proposals, maintain all recordkeeping for departmental budget, responsible for assuring that the department stays within the budget, and develop policies and procedures for all monetary oversight.
5. Management of the Coordinator of Audio Visual Services, and Student Workers.
6. Assist the Vice President for Student Affairs on planning initiatives for the Division including budget reviews, drafting departmental operational plans and Board of Trustees reports, and updating the Student Handbook.
INCIDENTAL DUTIES: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience (1+ years) in a higher education setting strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit all campus locations; with the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
This position requires successful completion of a background check.
Interested candidates are required to apply electronically within AMU’s online talent management site.
Complete the online application questions, and have prepared to upload all three of the required items to be considered, as a second log in is not permitted:
Please submit your resume, cover letter addressed to the attention of Vice President of Student Affairs, and a list of references with contact information, by clicking on or copying and pasting this URL link in to your web browser, completing the online application form and uploading the requested documents:
Ave Maria University is dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service. Must share a commitment to the mission, values, goals and plans of Ave Maria University as a Catholic higher education university as expressed in Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Ave Maria University provides an excellent fringe benefit package to full time faculty and staff.
For more information about Ave Maria University please visit our website: www.avemaria.edu
The town of Ave Maria is Southwest Florida’s newest hometown, built around the Ave Maria University and the Ave Maria Parish. A small, safe, and family oriented community with affordable housing, yet just 30 minutes away you will discover all the treasures of Naples, Florida with its sugar-sand beaches, cultural attractions such as Artis Naples, the Sugden Community Theater, and a large array of shopping and dining choices. For more information on the community please visit this link: http://www.avemaria.com/community/location
About Ave Maria University
Ave Maria University is a Catholic, liberal arts institution of higher learning devoted to Mary the Mother of God, inspired by St. John Paul II and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service.”