AVE MARIA UNIVERSITY
POSITION POSTING – SOCIAL MEDIA COORINATOR
We are looking for a talented Social Media Coordinator to manage and maintain all social networks for Ave Maria University. This full time position reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing.
· Implement social media strategy
· Increase AMU brand awareness by developing resonating content that builds upon and expresses the University’s positon, covers real-time activities, and deploys all four channels on a daily basis – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
· Ensures social media networks remain a source of information and engagement regarding news and activities at AMU
· Instill a Christian spirit into the social channels, lifting these mediums to match the higher calling of Christ and His Church as outlined in Inter Mirifica
· Constantly measure and provide analytics showing the effectiveness of our social media strategy, trends in social media tools, and seek to continually update and abide by best practices
· Keep up with and even anticipate new technologies
· Collaborate with all University departments acting swiftly to highlight events/happenings
· Coordinate with videographers, graphic artists, copywriters, podcasters, and others so as to communicate AMU through all the senses.
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills
· Creative and team approach to problem solving
· Effective writing, editing and oral communication skills
· High attention to detail, grammar, and spelling
· Ability to develop vast knowledge of Ave Maria University and envision how messaging can accelerate our customers path to engagement
· Occasionally available after hours for immediate response and messaging
The above responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in marketing or related major.
Experience: Previous experience (1+ years) in social media or marketing is required.
Physical Skills and Abilities: Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit all campus locations. The ability to sit for extended periods, stand, walk, lift, carry, and move light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment, and read and write information.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates are required to apply electronically within AMU’s online talent management site. Have all required application materials prepared to upload at initial log in as additional log-ins and document uploads are not available.
Please submit your resume, cover letter addressed to the attention of Vice President of Marketing and Communications, and a list of references with contact information, by clicking on or copying and pasting the below URL to your web browser:
Ave Maria University provides an excellent benefits package to full time staff.
Ave Maria University is dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service. Must share a commitment to the mission, values, goals and plans of Ave Maria University as a Catholic higher education university as expressed in Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
Ave Maria University does not discriminate in employment opportunities, practices or the terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
For more information about Ave Maria University, please visit our website: www.avemaria.edu
The town of Ave Maria is Southwest Florida’s newest hometown, built around the Ave Maria University and the Ave Maria Parish. A small, safe, and family oriented community with affordable housing, yet just 30 minutes away you will discover all the treasures of Naples, Florida with its sugar-sand beaches, cultural attractions such as Artis Naples, the Sugden Community Theater, and a large array of shopping and dining choices. For more information on the community, please visit this link: http://www.avemaria.com/community/location
About Ave Maria University
Ave Maria University is a Catholic, liberal arts institution of higher learning devoted to Mary the Mother of God, inspired by St. John Paul II and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and dedicated to the formation of joyful, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through Word and Sacrament, scholarship and service.”