Christendom College is looking for a new Director of Residence Life. The following is the job description:
TITLE: Director of Residence Life DEPARTMENT: Student Life
Classification (FLSA): Exempt, Salary
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Student Affairs
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Director of Residence Life is responsible for overseeing the residential and community life on campus at Christendom College. The Director plays an integral role in the formation of students and sets the tone for much of the student experience outside the classroom. With the Dean of Students, the Director provides leadership and direction in the formation of the general student body. The Director supervises training and development of the live-in Residence Directors (RDs) and the Resident Assistants (RAs). Because of the needs of the department and our students at this time, this role is filled by a female staff member since it has specific duties oriented to serving female students.
– Provides direction, oversight, and professional development for the live-in Residence Directors.
– Provides supervision and training for the RAs throughout the year, leads RA staff meetings, and conducts bi-monthly mentor meetings with the RAs.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Sets the tone for the implementation of a residential environment that reflects our Catholic beliefs and culture, is positive and engaging, and challenges students’ growth as young Catholic adults.
– Oversees the community, programming, and initiatives within the residence halls.
– Maintains a safe, secure, healthy, and positive living environment that enhances student development and learning.
– Works alongside the Dean of Students in implementing the Student Code of Conduct.
– Coordinates the following events/initiatives: Parents Weekend, Women’s Convocation and “At the Well” formation events, Housing Selection, & RA Selection & Training.
– Provides fiscal management for Residence Life budget.
– Supervises Student Life Office assistants and provides ongoing training and development opportunities.
– Ensures compliance with relevant policies, procedures, professional standards, laws and national trends as applicable.
– Evaluates and assesses College housing occupancy, retention, and trends.
– Meets with students who are struggling with issues related to retention concerns, mental health or transition challenges. Be available to students to address their concerns and problems.
– Makes counseling referrals when such referrals are deemed necessary.
– Is responsible for crisis response, risk management and serves in the “on call” rotation with other staff.
– Participates and contributes in broader Student Life programs, events, and initiatives.
– Develops learning outcomes, conduct assessment, annual strategic goals; prepares and carries out Institutional Effectiveness plans and reports for programs and initiatives in Residence Life.
– Assists the Vice President of Student Affairs in areas related to the administration of the Office of Student Life.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
– Must hold a college degree at the B.A. level.
– At least two years of progressive experience in Residence Life and/or Student Affairs.
– Experience in, and a strong understanding of, Residence Life practices in a small school setting.
– Comfortable presenting to groups.
– Strong understanding of and ability to weave a formational approach into various types of initiatives and an ability to foster a balanced Catholic culture.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and external constituents.
– Knowledge of mental health conditions and ability to engage in emergency situations.
– Strong communication skills and ability to motivate students.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening, weekend and “on call” assignments.
– Full adherence and support for the Magisterium of the Catholic Church specifically matters related to faith, morals, and human sexuality.
– Must understand the stated mission of the College and understand how the promotion and sustaining of a Christian community at the College is an essential component of this mission.
– This position must be held by an individual wo is an active, practicing Catholic who is committed to the Church’s mission on earth.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
– Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
– Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
– Must be able to make quick decisions.
– Must be calm in stressful situations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time for the needs of the College, but a discussion between the employee and supervisor will take place prior to the change.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, HSA, a 403(b) matching program, and more!
To apply, please use the following link and register an application account with Paycom: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=66634&clientkey=DCF825E652BF88478C836CF32C54353D
About Christendom College
Christendom College (http://www.christendom.edu) is a Catholic coeducational college institutionally committed to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church. The particular mission of Christendom College, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, is "to restore all things in Christ," by forming men and women to contribute to the Christian renovation of the temporal order. This mission gives Christendom College its name. www.christendom.edu