Assistant Professor of Psychology
The Psychology Department at Franciscan University of Steubenville invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the assistant professor level. Appointments are on a 9-month contract, with a 4-4 teaching load, and an average of 2-3 preps each semester. Optional overtime teaching is available in the summer.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, located 24 miles west of Pittsburgh International Airport, in Steubenville, Ohio.
Preference will be given to candidates with teaching expertise, who can maintain an active research program, and provide research experiences for undergraduate students.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in psychology or related discipline at the time of appointment (ABD candidates will be considered)
- Area of specialization is open, though candidates who specialize in School Psychology, IO Psychology or Clinical Psychology, and who are enthusiastic about a variety of courses, may be best suited to teach classes selected from the following needs: General Psychology, Child Development, Adolescent Development, Educational Psychology, Statistics, Personality, Intro to Counseling, Group Therapy, Human and Spiritual Integration, Experimental Psychology, Motivation and Emotion, and Teams and Groups.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service, and support of the Mission of the University
To apply, applicants should submit the following materials:
- A cover letter outlining the interest and candidate’s strengths in support of the advertised position
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching effectiveness
- A personal statement responding to the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Contact information for at least three professional references (Letters of recommendation will be requested for those applicants selected for further consideration.)
- Copies of academic transcripts (Official transcripts will be required at time of hire.)
The application package must be submitted electronically to Dr. Joanne Storm Gallagher, Chair, Search Committee, via firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com
Review of complete applications will begin October 4, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Franciscan University of Steubenville
It should be a calling, a vocation. Through pursuing a career with Franciscan University, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a visionary organization in service of the Catholic Church, society, and culture.
At Franciscan University you will work for and with the Church, alongside like-minded men and women who share your values and your desire to transform the culture. You’ll be challenged by the work and rewarded by the fruit it bears. You’ll be part of an institution that Francis Cardinal Stafford, former president of the Pontifical Council of the Laity, described as “central to the reform and the renewal of the Catholic Church after the Second Vatican Council.”