ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MANAGEMENT
The Department of Accounting, Business Administration, and Economics at Franciscan University of Steubenville (FUS) seeks to hire a tenure-track faculty member at the rank of assistant professor. Candidates at other ranks or professors of practice (non-tenure track) will also be considered.
The professor we are seeking to hire should be an experienced faculty member with real world business management and leadership experience who is committed to teaching excellence or a senior business leader with significant management and operational success that can be applied in the academic environment with a commitment to the responsibilities involved with a full-time faculty role. In addition, candidates should be passionate about the mission of the University and have a compelling vision that aligns teaching excellence, business innovation and best practices, and the very best academic disciplines related to business.
Franciscan University, founded in 1946 by friars of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus Province of the Third Order Regular of St. Francis of Penance, integrates excellent academic programs with a dynamic faith environment to serve 2,500 students from all 50 states and 17 countries on campus and an additional 1,000 students online. One of only 18 faithfully Catholic universities in the U.S. endorsed by the Cardinal Newman Society, Franciscan University of Steubenville continues to lead the renaissance of Catholic higher education called for in Ex corde Ecclesiae.
The vision and values of the Department of Accounting, Business Administration, and Economics aligns with that of the University at large. The Department is committed to educating students with skills, knowledge, and values to bring Christ into the marketplace and into all aspects of business and economic policy.
- Teach primarily undergraduate business courses with a focus on management, leadership, teamwork, and communications. Candidates should either know how to build teams or demonstrate that they are exceptional at teaching it.
- Provide direction and strategic vision to the undergraduate management program and contribute to our graduate program.
- Provide students with a practical business educational experience that is grounded in relevant real-world scenarios that incorporate best practices that are centered in Catholic social teaching and the Catholic intellectual tradition.
- Support and connect with students with business internship opportunities.
- Collaborate with faculty on program development initiatives and sharing best practices for teaching excellence.
- Study and implement the very best research in the field of business and management.
- Be a present and visible leader of the program on campus, with the local business community and with other key stakeholders, including the student body, career services and enrollment.
- Participate with program accreditation duties.
- Engage in university service and scholarly activity that aligns a growth mindset with department expectations.
- Doctoral Degree in business management or leadership preferred (tenure track), or
- A graduate degree in a business discipline with a track record of significant real-world organizational leadership experience (non-tenure track).
- Devoted to ongoing professional development and staying up-to-date with the latest research in management and business.
- Demonstrated and significant experience building and managing teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence and University mission.
To apply, please submit:
- a letter of application
- curriculum vitae
- evidence of teaching effectiveness, including evaluations if available
- a statement of teaching philosophy
- a statement addressing personal and professional fit with the mission of Franciscan
- three letters of reference
- official transcripts
All materials must be submitted electronically to Professor Doug Perry, via Nicole Hough, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of completed applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For additional information, see https://franciscan.edu/human-resources/
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Franciscan University of Steubenville
It should be a calling, a vocation. Through pursuing a career with Franciscan University, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a visionary organization in service of the Catholic Church, society, and culture.
At Franciscan University you will work for and with the Church, alongside like-minded men and women who share your values and your desire to transform the culture. You’ll be challenged by the work and rewarded by the fruit it bears. You’ll be part of an institution that Francis Cardinal Stafford, former president of the Pontifical Council of the Laity, described as “central to the reform and the renewal of the Catholic Church after the Second Vatican Council.”