Open Rank: Professor of Computer Science
The Department of Engineering and Computing at Franciscan University of Steubenville (FUS) invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position in Computer Science to begin by August 2024. FUS is an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, located 24 miles west of Pittsburgh International Airport. As a mission-focused institution, the department seeks candidates committed to forming undergraduate students in developing their competence as faithful computing professionals.
- A Ph.D. (preferred) or a Masters + 5 years of experience in Computer Science or a related discipline at the time of employment;
- Preparedness and enthusiasm to teach engaging and current computing courses of all levels (100-400);
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following is ideal: Software development, data science, data analytics, machine learning, information systems, cloud computing, and/or database systems.
- Ability to develop and support student internships;
- Commitment to supporting the growth and excellence of the University’s Engineering and Computing programs;
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service, and support of the Mission of the University
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter outlining the candidate’s strengths in support of the advertised position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of support for the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Statement of ability to develop internships and manage student computing projects
- Statement describing preparedness to teach computing courses at all levels (100-400)
- One letter of reference, contacts for two additional references
- Copies of academic transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- Evidence of undergraduate teaching effectiveness (including evaluations if applicable)
All materials must be submitted electronically to Dcn. Stephen Frezza, Chair, Search Committee via Ms. Coley Hough, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all requested materials will be considered incomplete and may not be reviewed.
Review of completed applications is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Franciscan University of Steubenville
It should be a calling, a vocation. Through pursuing a career with Franciscan University, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a visionary organization in service of the Catholic Church, society, and culture.
At Franciscan University you will work for and with the Church, alongside like-minded men and women who share your values and your desire to transform the culture. You’ll be challenged by the work and rewarded by the fruit it bears. You’ll be part of an institution that Francis Cardinal Stafford, former president of the Pontifical Council of the Laity, described as “central to the reform and the renewal of the Catholic Church after the Second Vatican Council.”