The Department of Engineering and Computing at Franciscan University of Steubenville (FUS) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Computer Science to begin in August 2023. FUS is an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, located 24 miles west of Pittsburgh International Airport.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or closely related discipline at the time of employment;
- ability to teach in one or more of the following areas in Computer Science: Software development, data science, data analytics, machine learning, information systems, cloud computing, and/or database systems;
- ability to develop and support student internships;
- willingness to achieve appropriate student-learning outcomes in all courses taught;
- commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service, and support of the Mission of the University;
- willingness and ability to teach additional courses in software engineering and mathematics, as needed and appropriate;
Interested applicants should submit the following materials:
- a cover letter outlining the candidate’s strengths in support of the advertised position
- curriculum vitae
- a statement of teaching philosophy
- a statement of support for the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville
- a statement on your ability to develop internships and Computer Science projects for students
- three letters of reference
- copies of official transcripts
- evidence of undergraduate teaching effectiveness (including evaluations if applicable)
The application package must be submitted electronically to Dr. Stephen Frezza, Chair, Search Committee, Dr. Daniel Kuebler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Franciscan University of Steubenville
It should be a calling, a vocation. Through pursuing a career with Franciscan University, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a visionary organization in service of the Catholic Church, society, and culture.
At Franciscan University you will work for and with the Church, alongside like-minded men and women who share your values and your desire to transform the culture. You’ll be challenged by the work and rewarded by the fruit it bears. You’ll be part of an institution that Francis Cardinal Stafford, former president of the Pontifical Council of the Laity, described as “central to the reform and the renewal of the Catholic Church after the Second Vatican Council.”