Holy Rosary Academy in Anchorage, Alaska invites applications for candidates to teach middle and high school students fundamental principles in Mathematics and Science while also enthusiastically sharing with them the truth, beauty, and goodness of the Catholic faith.
The successful candidate will:
· Possess at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the humanities or a STEM field.
· Be a practicing Catholic with good moral character, joyfully living out the teachings of the Catholic Church.
· Ideally have at least one year’s teaching experience.
· Engage students effectively and work cordially and productively with parents, colleagues, staff, administrators, and Board members.
· Teach several subjects well, manage the classroom competently, win the admiration and affection of students, and handle all relevant administrative aspects of the position.
· Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Treat others with respect, courtesy, tact, friendliness, empathy, patience, and kindness.
· Be knowledgeable, professional, energetic, hard-working, and student-centered with a good sense of humor.
*Experience teaching at a classical school would be a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and current contact information for three references to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Holy Rosary Academy
Holy Rosary Academy (HRA) is a classical educational institution in the Roman Catholic tradition located in Anchorage, Alaska and serving pre-kindergarten to 12th grade students. “A place where faith and reason meet in the pursuit of excellence," HRA was recently recognized by USA Today and Niche as the best private high school in Alaska. Flourishing since its founding in 1987, the Academy is also a Cardinal Newman Honor Roll School and a member school of the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education.
With record enrollment and strong fundraising this is an exciting time for HRA. Faculty enjoy the blessings of a Catholic community, professional development through the certification program of the National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS), and an option for campus housing. Find your calling at a faith-filled, engaging intellectual enterprise in beautiful Alaska!