Lumen Christi Catholic School in Indianapolis is seeking a part-time Latin teacher for the high school. The position includes small classes in classical Latin at the Latin I, Latin II, and Latin III levels and involves:
· teaching grammar and translation skills
· instructing students on translating classical literature
· exploring the ancient Roman culture
· preparing, administering, and assessing chapter and unit assessments
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities and skills:
· Love for the Catholic Faith and fidelity to the Magisterium of the Church
· Love for students and good rapport
· Solid knowledge of subject matter and high expectations for students
· Course and class planning to complete the curriculum
· Professional qualities: organized, punctual, and collaborative, with strong communication skills
Teacher certification is not a requirement.
The position entails a total of approximately 10 hours of class time over 3-5 days weekly.
Applicants should send a resume and cover to Mr. Robert Collins, headmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Lumen Christi Catholic School
Lumen Christi Catholic School is an independent Catholic pre-K-12 school in downtown Indianapolis. Lumen Christi is recognized as a Catholic Education Honor Roll School by The Cardinal Newman Society. The school is both faithfully Catholic and classically inspired; it has a joyful atmosphere and traditional Catholic spirituality that includes daily Mass for all students. Lumen Christi integrates faith and virtue into all aspects of the curriculum, with small classes focused on uplifting reading materials, a simple environment, and a focus on the fundamentals. The entire faculty signs an oath of fidelity to the Magisterium of the Church. We operate with the permission of the Archbishop of Indianapolis, but Lumen Christi forgoes public and parochial funding on which other schools depend in order to preserve the integrity of our mission. Lumen Christi Catholic School is established to teach the unity of faith and reason, through the Light that is Christ Jesus, for the formation of young Catholics in truth and virtue.