Lumen Christi Catholic School (LCCS) seeks a High School Principal for the 2023-24 school year. The High School Principal is the leader of the academic program for grades 9-12, which are housed in two buildings separate from the elementary school on the Lumen Christi campus. The High School Principal reports to the headmaster and serves on the administrative team. The High School Principal also teaches 2-3 academic courses each semester.
We anticipate approximately 30 students in the 2023-24 school year, and hope to reach steady high school enrollment in the range of 40-50 students.
Duties of the High School Principal include:
- Plan curriculum, class scheduling, and staffing for the high school in cooperation with the headmaster
- Support and observe high school faculty, and work with headmaster on interviewing, evaluation, and professional development of high school teachers
- Take responsibility for academic reporting for the high school (in coordination with LCCS administrative assistant), oversee college application process, facilitate standardized testing, provide transcripts as requested, oversee graduation/diplomas
- Work with admissions director and headmaster on recruiting, evaluating, and enrolling high school students
- Maintain coursework materials for the high school, including distributing/tracking books for students and ordering books and other materials as needed
- Maintain a presence in the high school buildings, oversee discipline, manage front desk coverage, and take responsibility for opening and closing on each school day
- Provide regular communications to high school students, parents and staff, in coordination with overall LCCS communications
- Coordinate high school student activities, including pilgrimage, field trips, and high school participation in school events
- Oversee regular maintenance of the high school buildings
- As a member of the LCCS administrative team, participate in development and implementation of curriculum, policies, planning, and operations for the overall school
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities and skills:
- Love for the Catholic Faith and fidelity to the Magisterium of the Church
- Love for students. good rapport, and high expectations
- Understanding of curriculum and instruction and appreciation of classical education
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams and activities, and strong communication skills
- Personal attributes – Professional, organized, punctual, and collaborative
- Teacher/administrative certification is not a requirement.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Mr. Robert Collins, headmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Lumen Christi Catholic School
Lumen Christi Catholic School is an independent Catholic pre-K-12 school in downtown Indianapolis. Lumen Christi is recognized as a Catholic Education Honor Roll School by The Cardinal Newman Society. The school is both faithfully Catholic and classically inspired; it has a joyful atmosphere and traditional Catholic spirituality that includes daily Mass for all students. Lumen Christi integrates faith and virtue into all aspects of the curriculum, with small classes focused on uplifting reading materials, a simple environment, and a focus on the fundamentals. The entire faculty signs an oath of fidelity to the Magisterium of the Church. We operate with the permission of the Archbishop of Indianapolis, but Lumen Christi forgoes public and parochial funding on which other schools depend in order to preserve the integrity of our mission. Lumen Christi Catholic School is established to teach the unity of faith and reason, through the Light that is Christ Jesus, for the formation of young Catholics in truth and virtue.