Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts is a residential Catholic liberal arts college that seeks to transform students in their entire persons. Located on a mountain in Warner, New Hampshire and offering inspiring learning, spiritual development, and a deep sense of community fellowship, Magdalen has been described as “the Rivendell of Newman Guide Colleges.”
Magdalen College is seeking a Catholic professional to serve as a full-time Business and Finance Manager, beginning the summer of 2023. This position directs and oversees the college’s fiscal affairs, including managing cash flow, processing accounts payable and payroll, preparing the annual budget and tracking expenditures, issuing tuition invoices and processing payments, handling all federal, state, and regulatory reports and filings, interfacing with vendors, and overseeing computer and IT resources as well as online subscriptions and accounts. This position reports to the President.
Oversee payroll processing
- Record and process all cash deposits, accruals, and receipts weekly
- Oversee weekly cash reconciliation and monthly bank and investment accounts reconciliation
- Process accounts payable weekly; enter and pay all bills
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits
- Provide reimbursements to faculty and staff for expenses
- Prepare the annual budget in conjunction with the Finance Committee of the Board
- Prepare proforma reports for management
- Schedule annual audit and prepare all workpapers
- Develop, monitor, and ensure cash flow for operations
- Determine investment strategies considering cash and liquidity needs
- Prepare and issue tuition invoices each semester, and make necessary adjustments to tuition invoices due to changes in financial aid award letters
- Process payments made using a credit/debit card via PayPal
- Post all Title IV receipts by students (including subsidized and unsubsidized loans, parent plus loans, and PELL grants) and reconcile them with financial aid award letters
- Process, submit to IRS, and send to students yearly 1098-T forms
- Track loan repayments and follow up on missed payments
- Handle all federal and state filings
- Ensure the reception, tracking, and reporting of Title IV federal aid and maintain bank accounts for Title IV loans and Pell Grants
- Assist with the accurate preparation and timely submission of all necessary reports to Magdalen’s accreditation institution (NECHE)
- Oversee capital expenditures and planning
- Maintain capital assets depreciation schedules
- Interface with vendors, including IT, insurance company, payroll, etc.
- Ensure successful operations of computers, back-up storage, internet access and band width, wi-fi, and remote access
- Ensure successful operations of telephone system
- Ensure that online subscriptions and accounts remain active and updated
- Ensure that orders and subscriptions remain active for regular items like printer ink, cleaning supplies, chapel supplies, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field
- Knowledge of basic accounting, payroll, finance, and budget functions and systems
- Ability to read, interpret, apply, and explain applicable financial and educational laws, regulations, requirements, policies, and procedures
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and accurate administrative and financial reports
- Ability to operate and use modern office equipment and software, including Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite products and various applications.
- At least 3 years experience with professional accounting work and budget preparation and administration
- At least 3 years experience in financial record keeping and report preparation/submission
- Must be well organized with great attention to detail
- Must maintain high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and interpersonal skills when interacting with students, parents, colleagues, trustees, and external vendors
- Must support the full teachings of the Catholic Church, specifically regarding matters related to faith and morals;
- Must promote the stated mission of Magdalen College in areas of professional and personal conduct, both on and off campus, and understand how the development and sustaining of a Christian community at the College is an essential component of this mission.
Application materials should be addressed to the President, Dr. Ryan Messmore, and submitted electronically to email@example.com by April 7. Please include “Business and Finance Manager” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts
Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts calls her students to a transformative liberal education of the whole person.
This education is ordered to human flourishing and communion, animated by the perennial questions, given shape by the classic books, and nourished by a vibrant liturgical and sacramental culture.
Joyfully Catholic in this ascent toward true freedom and a vision of the Good, Magdalen College calls all within her community to enter the great conversation of authors seeking wisdom that has unfolded across the ages, cultivating a life of virtue, poetic imagination, service, and life-giving fidelity.