Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts is a residential Catholic liberal arts college that seeks to transform students in their entire persons. Located on a mountain in Warner, New Hampshire and offering inspiring learning, spiritual development, and a deep sense of community fellowship, Magdalen has been described as “the Rivendell of Newman Guide Colleges.”
Magdalen College is seeking a Catholic professional to serve as the full-time Director of Marketing and Communications. The Director is responsible for developing, managing, and executing marketing and communications strategies that support the organizational strategic plan and vision of Magdalen College. The Director will report to the President and generate greater awareness of the qualities and character of the Magdalen community, in order to achieve goals in enrollment and advancement and to ensure sustainable growth. This position will generate written, visual, and audio products that advertise programs and events in all internal and external media, including print publications, social media, podcasts, newsletters, the website, and other digital communications. The Director will enforce brand integrity and will help plan, design, and execute College events that reach external audiences.
- Work with other departments to develop strategies that articulate the college’s vision and image across all media to ensure a consistent, positive brand and message of excellence.
- Plan, design, and execute production of all print and Web-based publications and communications for the college.
- Support development and fundraising activities, recruiting, awareness, and alumni events, as well as college-wide administration and programming.
- Work with other staff and students to develop content and standards for the college’s social media channels.
- Oversee website administration. Work with IT consultant, other staff members, and outside vendors to ensure website is current and an effective means of communication.
- Regular updates of content, photos and videos are important.
- Establish metrics and reporting to determine target market demographics and behavior, and to measure the success of marketing tactics.
- Oversee the promotion of key campus events and programs.
- Enforce brand integrity by producing and updating brand guidelines.
- Work with the administration to develop, propose, and gain approval for a practical departmental budget, and maintains routine budget checks and balances to ensure compliance.
- A practicing Catholic who is committed to upholding and promoting the Christian faith, especially as it is taught by the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
- Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) to five (5) years of experience in marketing, brand positioning, and digital marketing. Higher education marketing experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing and communications, including branding, advertising, public relations, publications, digital media and events.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement research-based strategic marketing plans and campaigns with both quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Experience identifying target audiences, segmenting appropriately, and developing key messages and tactics to reach each audience.
- Ability to write engagingly and persuasively with strong copywriting, editing, interpersonal, presentation skills.
- Understanding of effective creative, design, and branding principles, and the use of digital and social media as means of communication.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines and maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Considerable creative and analytical strength, including awareness of best practices, tools and relevant experiences building compelling marketing efforts that drive results.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign software, database management, and on-line marketing modalities (Search engine optimization, social media marketing via Facebook, Twitter, etc., other mobile applications).
- Must promote the stated mission of Magdalen College in areas of professional and personal conduct, both on and off campus, and understand how the development and sustaining of a Christian community at the College is an essential component of this mission.
Application materials should be addressed to the President, Dr. Ryan Messmore, and submitted electronically to email@example.com by 4 pm on Monday, May 2. Please include “Director of Marketing and Communications – CN” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts
Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts calls her students to a transformative liberal education of the whole person.
This education is ordered to human flourishing and communion, animated by the perennial questions, given shape by the classic books, and nourished by a vibrant liturgical and sacramental culture.
Joyfully Catholic in this ascent toward true freedom and a vision of the Good, Magdalen College calls all within her community to enter the great conversation of authors seeking wisdom that has unfolded across the ages, cultivating a life of virtue, poetic imagination, service, and life-giving fidelity.