Office of Student Life
St. Joseph Hall Coordinator
Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts is seeking a joyful Catholic professional to serve as the St. Joseph (Men’s) Hall Coordinator. The Hall Coordinator at Magdalen College is a temporary position with opportunity to be promoted to Dean of Men, itself a professional, 12 month, full-time, live-on position. Position begins immediately after the new year (to be ready to welcome students for the spring term on January 17).
Responsibilities for the Hall Coordinator will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Oversee the daily operations of St. Joseph’s Residence Hall, including assigning rooms, distributing keys, evaluating room conditions, setting cleaning schedules, reporting necessary repairs, holding weekly residence meetings, running desk operations and address residential living concerns, as needed.
- Coordinate hall openings and closings for break periods. Shuttle students who require transportation to/from the airport/bus station prior to and after all break periods.
- Meet with students to resolve roommate conflicts and community living concerns
- Participate in weekly meetings of the Student Life staff and with the President.
- Enrich the spiritual growth of students by organizing retreats, encouraging prayer, maintaining reverence for the Eucharist in the residences, and arranging for guest speakers.
- Advise student-led clubs and organizations.
- Respond to emergency situations in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the safety of students, and address community living concerns.
- Enforce campus policies, document policy violations, and conduct disciplinary hearings.
- Assist with the coordination of major campus events including, but not limited to, Freshman Welcome, Orientation, Parents Weekend and Commencement.
- Plan, schedule and implement off-campus programming, campus-wide programming and programming within St. Joseph’s Hall.
- Organize and supervise campus service or work-study programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least one year of experience living in a collegiate community
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related programs
- Availability to work on weekends and evenings
- At least one year of work experience in collegiate residential living
- Previous experience in the areas of program planning and implementation, budget management, and crisis management
Submit by email a letter of introduction, resume, and names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts
Magdalen College is a decidedly Catholic, liberal arts micro-college in Warner, New Hampshire, inhabiting 135 acres in the foothills of Mount Kearsarge. In the pursuit of wisdom and formation in virtue, our students read the Great Books in Socratic explorations, and in a four-year, all-student, team-taught seminar covering the heritage of Western Civilization from the ancient Greeks to the 20th century. This is the Humanities Sequence, and with that as our core, the entire campus—students, faculty and staff alike—holds One Great Conversation about the same books at the same time. Additionally, students declare a major in their junior year, choosing from Theology, Philosophy, Literature, Great Books, and History. This curriculum is wholly integrated with spiritual life and development, through our vibrant liturgical, sacramental, and prayer life.