Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts is a residential Catholic liberal arts college that seeks to transform students in their entire persons. Located on a mountain in Warner, New Hampshire and offering inspiring learning, spiritual development, and a deep sense of community fellowship, Magdalen has been described as “the Rivendell of Newman Guide Colleges.”
Magdalen College is seeking a joyful, male, Catholic professional to serve as Residential Life Manager in the St. Joseph Residence Hall. The Residential Life Manager position is a professional, 12-month, part- time, live-on position.
- Live in the residence hall, being present each night and on most weekends;
- Provide direction, oversight, and training for the student Resident Assistants;
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy, and positive living environment that enhances student development and learning;
- Oversee the daily operations of the St. Joseph Residence Hall and ensure College and housing policies are followed;
- Work with other college staff to address any facility or maintenance issues that arise in the St. Joseph Residence Hall;
- Complete room inventory checks and safety checks on a regular basis;
- Serve as the primary responder to emergencies within the residence hall at night;
- Meet with students who are struggling with issues related to retention concerns, mental health, or transition challenges.
- Commitment to the character and personal formation of young people, especially integrating the Catholic Faith into a person’s individual life choices;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Availability to work on weekends and evenings;
- At least one year of experience living in a collegiate community;
- Ability to engage in emergency situations;
- Must promote the stated mission of Magdalen College in areas of professional and personal conduct, both on and off campus, and understand how the development and sustaining of a Christian community at the College is an essential component of this mission.
- At least one year of work experience in collegiate residential living;
- Previous experience in crisis management and knowledge of mental health conditions.
Application materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 PM on July 1. Please include “Residential Life Manager – Magdalen” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts
Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts calls her students to a transformative liberal education of the whole person.
This education is ordered to human flourishing and communion, animated by the perennial questions, given shape by the classic books, and nourished by a vibrant liturgical and sacramental culture.
Joyfully Catholic in this ascent toward true freedom and a vision of the Good, Magdalen College calls all within her community to enter the great conversation of authors seeking wisdom that has unfolded across the ages, cultivating a life of virtue, poetic imagination, service, and life-giving fidelity.