High School Biology and Middle School Science Teacher
The Atonement Catholic Academy is seeking a full-time high school biology and middle school science teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The successful candidate would teach biology (including AP biology) to high school students as well as 8th-grade physical science and 7th-grade life science. The ideal applicant will also be able to incorporate laboratory investigations in class and be able to provide students with basic Catholic bioethics principles on current issues. Ultimately, the teacher will further promote the school’s motto of “fides et ratio” and demonstrate the complementarity of science and faith.
Candidates should be experienced teaching at the middle or high school level and committed to Catholic classical education.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Collaborate with colleagues to coordinate instruction across the curriculum
· Hold office hours to meet with students in need of assistance outside of class
· Communicate with parents, counselors, administration, and students
· Participation in professional development activities sponsored by school and other professional development activities as required
· Fulfillment of school duties as assigned
· Regular attendance at faculty meetings
· Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
· Have experience teaching at the middle or high school level
· Be willing to pledge fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
· Clear a background check
· Be a practicing Catholic who strives to live in conformity with the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church
· Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Medical and other benefits offered.
The Atonement Catholic Academy
The Atonement Catholic Academy provides an accredited classical education rooted in centuries of Catholic faith and tradition. Our highly acclaimed academics program encourages scholars to develop intellectual ability, make moral decisions, and solidify Catholic virtues. Our classical curriculum is led by Catholic teachers who truly care about all of their students. They are attentive to each child’s education and religious formation. We are guided by the Latin phrase, “Fides et Ratio,” Faith and Reason, which is at the core of our Christ centered community of faith, hope, and love.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Atonement Catholic Academy
The Atonement Catholic Academy is a leading PK3-12 Catholic day school in the country that, by practicing the classical liberal arts in the Catholic intellectual tradition, integrates the fullness of Faith with the highest possibilities of the human intellect, creativity and character in order to form men and women fully alive to God.