· The HS principal directs the academic teams in designing and delivering a high- quality program of education that is successful in meeting the formation needs of the students.
· The HS principal has the responsibility of achieving the school’s mission of evangelization and Catholic formation by establishing an outstanding school implementing the Integral Formation method of education as specified in the RC School Principles.
· The HS principal is responsible for the recruitment, professional development, and management of the faculty and academic staff. S/He works to build a strong academic team, one that is capable of and committed to the integral formation of students and to achieving academic excellence.
· The HS principal, in conjunction with the formation team, is responsible for integrating the parents into the school community; s/he seeks to instill an understanding and love for the mission of the school and to build a sense of community among the school faculty, staff, and families. The HS principal is responsible for achieving a high level of parent satisfaction and student retention.
· The HS principal carries out his/her responsibilities with the awareness that s/he is above all an apostle of Christ, especially with his/her testimony of faith, virtuous personal life, and professional dedication to the mission entrusted to him/her within the school.
The HS principal should meet the following qualifications:
· Master’s degree in Educational Leadership, preferred
· Minimum of five years teaching experience
· Demonstrated proficiency with curriculum development and implementation
· Demonstrated proficiency with teacher professional development
· Exceptional leadership and teamwork capabilities
· Excellent social qualities, a sound character, and a firm and kind manner
· Excellent and proven people management skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong organizational abilities, sound judgment, and good common sense
· Practicing Catholic and formator with an excellent moral reputation, apostolic zeal for working for the Church, whose vocation is to lead, serve, and form the faculty and staff of the school
· The HS principal reports to the executive director and is a member of the management team.
· The principal directly supervises the deans, HS teachers, athletic director, registrar, college counselor as well as any administrative staff associated with his/her office.
Please send cover letter and resume to Steve Wright, Finance and Human Resources Director, email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Highlands School
THE HIGHLANDS SCHOOL:
Founded in 1986, The Highlands School (THS) is a private independent Catholic school in Irving, TX, accredited by TCCBED, RC Education and AdvancEd offering students a Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade Catholic education in the Diocese of Dallas. Our mission is "Partnering with Parents, The Highlands School forms authentic Catholic leaders to transform the society and the world".
Visit http://www.thehighlandsschool.org to learn more about our school.