· The Dean of Students Life is responsible, present, and available to High School students. The Dean calls students to develop virtues by implementing restorative discipline methodology. This position works with students’ leaders to form them into Christian leaders and creates an environment where school spirit and formation may flourish. The Dean of Students Life helps students embody what a Highlands student is, a Christ-centered future leader that will change the world.
· Updates the student handbook, as needed, by developing new policies for the school.
· Communicates and enforces school policy (i.e., uniform, tardiness, cell phones).
· Support teachers with formative discipline in the classroom and enforces consequences outside the classroom.
· Facilitates Student Council and assists students in developing their qualities by empowering them to organize school activities.
· Motivates student to uphold the Student Code of Conduct through virtue based training and restorative discipline methodology.
· Communicates all events to the student body, faculty, and staff in an organized and timely manner.
· Cultivates a spirit of school unity by coordinating, planning, and overseeing multiple activities such as Orientation, Field Days, Clash of the Classes, Homecoming, The Talent Show, Catholic Schools Week, and Graduation.
· Works closely with the Principal and Catholic Formation Director to foster a deeper Catholic identity among the students, faculty, and staff.
· Informs the Principal of serious discipline issues among the students and cooperates with the Principal in seeking disciplinary action.
· Manages, organizes, and assigns students’ lockers and lock.
· Communicate and further develops the Dress Code and Uniform policies.
· Participates in student life events in a leadership role.
· Provides proactive leadership and structure.
· May act as a liaison with students and parents and the school on a variety of matters.
· Oversees a variety of student services and on-campus activities.
· Maintains a positive line of communication with students, parents, and community leaders
· An actively practicing Catholic in good standing with a commitment to ongoing formation in spiritual leadership.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of one (1) year experience of working in administration in a Catholic school
· Must be able to multi-task and set priorities
· Strong organizational skills
· Curriculum development and enhancement skills
· Work with outside vendors
Please send cover letter and resume to Patricia Hagerty, Human Resources Coordinator, email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Highlands School
THE HIGHLANDS SCHOOL:
Founded in 1986, The Highlands School (THS) is a private independent Catholic school in Irving, TX, accredited by TCCBED, RC Education and AdvancEd offering students a Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade Catholic education in the Diocese of Dallas. Our mission is "Partnering with Parents, The Highlands School forms authentic Catholic leaders to transform the society and the world".
Visit http://www.thehighlandsschool.org to learn more about our school.