UD is currently seeking an Athletic Director who will be responsible for the development, management, coordination, and supervision of the University’s National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) Division III intercollegiate athletics program. Oversees employment and direction of athletics coaches and other department staff. Creates an environment that allows student athletes to achieve their academic and athletic potential. Directs publicity of athletics events and fundraising efforts. Ensures overall compliance with University, NCAA Division III, federal and state rules, regulations, and policies, including Title IX.
* Directs and administers fifteen men’s and women’s NCAA Division III athletics programs.
* Collaborates with leadership in academics, the Office of Student Affairs, and the Office of Campus Ministry to engender an integrated and holistic approach to athletics within the distinctive culture of a Catholic liberal arts university.
* Models and encourages a character-based approach to athletics and a life well-lived.
*Encourages and supports student athletes in their endeavor to balance academic and athletic success in a rigorous academic setting.
* Represents the Athletics Department within the university as well as externally to the media, prospective student-athletes and their parents, prospective funding agencies and private donors, national athletic regulatory and governance bodies, university alumni, and the general public.
* Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and recruits, hires, trains, supervises and evaluates unit staff to accomplish department objectives.
* Oversees recruitment efforts of coaching staff and Recruitment Coordinator in collaboration with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to ensure the enrollment of qualified student athletes.
* Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures in accord with the University’s Mission and Strategic Plan.
* Develops and manages annual department budget and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
* Collaborates with the Office of Advancement to develop and meet fundraising goals appropriate for the Athletics Department.
* Oversees and directs usage, maintenance, and construction of all athletics facilities and equipment.
* Chairs the University Committee on Athletics, Sports, and Recreation.
* Ensures athletics program, events, and activities are in compliance with the rules, regulations, and polices of the NCAA Division III, Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC), US Department of Education, and other applicable governing bodies, including completion and submission of any required reports.
* Serves on NCAA and SCAC committees, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five to seven years of coaching and intercollegiate athletics administration experience.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing NCAA Division III athletics.
- Record of fostering student development and a commitment to academic and athletic excellence.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Experience at the NCAA Division III level strongly preferred.
- This position requires working extended work hours, including evenings and weekends, as well as occasional travel to support the Athletic Department.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; free tuition for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
About University of Dallas
The University of Dallas (UD) is a Catholic liberal arts university known for its excellence in academics. We have consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Regional Universities (West) and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We are dedicated and guided by our Mission and thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
The University of Dallas seeks to recruit, develop, and retain faculty, staff and administration of the highest caliber.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from female and minority candidates and others who will enhance our community and advance our Mission.