The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND currently has an opening for an Event Specialist. The Event Specialist serves as the central point of contact and manages associated tasks for assigned events and serves as an event host. This role may assist with administrative support tasks needed for the efficient day-to-day operation of the Events Office. The ideal candidate should have a heart for service, an eye for details, a sense of responsibility and strong organizational skills.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Coordinates planning and preparations for assigned events and activities
· Assists with the scheduling of campus events while maintaining the university’s master calendar
· Serves as the point of contact and facilitator for internal groups who wish to host meetings, conferences, or camps at all University of Mary locations
· Utilizes event management databases to reserve all spaces and resources necessary for events
· Arranges and facilitates meetings with key partners to coordinate hospitality activities. Monitors all assignments of university facilities for incoming events and assists in the implementation and execution of assigned event components
· Acts as a liaison for the client and/or building user to ensure successful execution of program and/or event
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Bachelor’s degree required, with a preference for a bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Hospitality Management or related field
· Two years of work experience in an events related position is preferred
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Public Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Strong communication and organizational skills to handle a large number of details and multiple projects that have firm schedules and deadlines
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients, donors, university faculty and staff, vendors, and other professional colleagues
· High level of confidence in making sound business decisions
· Innovative problem-solving skills
· Ability to understand and articulate campus policies and monitor compliance when serving external clients
· Ability to accommodate high demands of client requests and requirements for conference coordination
· Willingness to contribute to the professional tone of the University of Mary in dress and demeanor
· Ability to compose correspondence without instruction or review
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications, particularly Excel and Word, and the ability to use or learn to use multimedia technologies
· Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer