University of Mary
Maintenance Technician – Grounds
The Maintenance Technician performs grounds activities and general maintenance. Summer duties include mowing lawns, edging, cleaning up trash, pruning, fertilizing etc. Winter duties include ice control and snow removal using a variety of light and heavy equipment such as shovels, blowers, plow trucks, skid steers, and dump trucks.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Summer and winter grounds duties
• General maintenance
• Completing campus work orders, summarizing the labor and cost expended and the resolution of the request
• Assist with mail room, deliveries, events, and custodial activities and operations
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• High school diploma or GED
• Previous general maintenance and/or grounds experience preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to maintain a driver’s license
• Equipment operation experience is required
• CDL license is preferred
• Ability to communicate clear, concise verbal and written messages
• Ability to present a professional image
• Knowledge of safety equipment usage (AED, fire extinguishers, etc.), proper cleaning methods and safety measures essential to the work environment
• Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3109544
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.