Academic Advisor for Student Support Services
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking a 10-month full-time academic advisor for Student Support Services. Student Support Services is a United States Department of Education Title IV grant-funded “TRIO” program designed to increase retention and graduation rates of low-income, first generation college students and students with disabilities through an array of retention-based services. The Academic Advisor provides direct services for new and continuing TRIO students at the University of Mary. Services include providing academic advising services for new and at-risk students through proactive mentoring and instruction. This is a grant funded position.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Provide academic, career, transfer, financial, and personal advising to program participants and referrals to additional services as needed. Be available to students by appointment and through drop-in hours and attending campus activities.
· Provide student-centered advising and mentoring to students employing a model where the advisor pro-actively reaches out to the student in order to form and maintain a strong working relationship with the student.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· A Master’s Degree in student affairs/student development, education, counseling, psychology, or another field closely related to the position responsibilities is highly preferred, however, a bachelor’s degree with applicable experience will be considered.
· Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in student retention, academic advisement, first-year experience programs, and student services at the college or university level is required.
· Prior experience as an academic advisor, tutor, teacher and/or providing similar support services to college/university students is highly preferred.
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here to apply from our University of Mary career page.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer