Academic Advisor – Tutor Coordinator
University of Mary
Academic Advisor/Tutor Coordinator
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for an Academic Advisor/Tutor Coordinator for the Student Success Center in Academic Affairs. This position provides direct services for new and continuing students by assisting them to make a successful transition to the university.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Develop curriculum and provide instruction of First Year Experience and Transition Seminar(s), serving as the academic advisor for the students enrolled in the First Year Experience Seminar section(s) taught.
• Provide student-centered advisement and mentoring employing a pro-active advising model where the advisor reaches out to the student in order to form a strong working relationship with the student.
• Monitor and evaluate academic progress and provide academic advisement for at-risk students on academic warning or probation. Help students develop a personalized success plan and provide follow-up support.
• Collaborate with faculty, staff and other student programs and services to identify and assist students. Manage sensitive situations and attempt to resolve complaints at an early stage to minimize conflict and prevent escalation. Inform and if necessary, refer students to other university institutional resources that may require intervention by other professionals.
• Maintain a current record of activities and services provided and perform other administrative duties as assigned. Provide documentation for monthly and annual reports.
• Support the retention and graduation goals and objects of the Student Success Center and University of Mary.
• Assist with the university’s student recruitment program by being available to meet with students during campus visits and assisting with preparation for, and implementation of, advising and registration components of orientations for incoming students.
• Complete other tasks assigned by supervisor in support of departmental and university initiatives. Participate on university committees and task forces as assigned.
• Serve as the liaison to one of the five schools, and communicate with faculty, staff, and administrators.
• Understand and comply with federal laws and regulations that pertain to higher education, as well as university policies and procedures.
• Be available to students by appointment and during walk-in hours.
• Occasional program activities may require night/weekend hours.
• Provide broad leadership, strategic planning, budget management, and marketing for the tutoring and writing center programs.
• Monitor the progress of students receiving services to facilitate achievement of goals.
• Hire, train, and supervise Peer Tutors and Writing Consultants.
• Approve and manage timecards for payroll.
• Manage the program’s web content and social media.
• Collect, analyze, and report data regarding the program’s usage and outcomes assessment.
• Communicate with students, faculty, staff, and administrators about the program’s services.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Master’s degree in academic advising, student affairs, education, counseling, psychology, or another field closely related to the position responsibilities
• Prior experience as an academic advisor, tutor, teacher, and/or providing similar support services to college/university students is preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in student retention, academic advisement, first year experience programs, and student services at the university level
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, including effective presentations to groups, professional reports and other communications using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Ability to prioritize workload, perform work duties independently, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively and collaborate with a variety of persons including students, parents, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to maintain student and program confidentiality and adhere to FERPA requirements.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4200493
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.