Academic Operations Assistant
University of Mary
Academic Operations Assistant
The Academic Operations Assistant is responsible for supporting academic operations as part of the Office of Academic Affairs. Under the direction of the Assistant VP for Academic Affairs, Non-Traditional Programs, the Academic Operations Assistant will coordinate with the academic departments on the development of the non-traditional academic course schedule and administration of adjuncts and distance faculty for non-traditional programs, as well as coordinating or supporting the many other logistical and operational needs of the institution’s non-traditional academic programs. The Academic Operations Assistant will also support the Executive Assistant with the production and review of faculty appointments.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Provides warmth of welcome by ensuring in-person visits, calls, or other outreach are greeted and served in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
• Coordinates with academic departments in the production and optimization of the semesterly course schedule for non-traditional programs.
• Coordinates with and provides support to academic departments in the administration of adjunct and distance faculty, including maintaining the pool of approved/current adjuncts by discipline; ensuring adjuncts are appropriately onboarded, trained, and assessed by each department; and serving as a central point-of-contact for adjuncts beyond their department chair or mentor.
• Supports operational needs for non-traditional programs, such as coordination, scheduling, and records-keeping for the Year-Round Campus program and Summer Institutes. Provides additional operational support to UM Online programs as needed from the Office of Academic Affairs.
• Serves as backup and support for the Executive Assistant in the creation, review, and maintenance of faculty appointments.
• Maintains student and faculty records in accordance with FERPA, accreditation requirements, and university policy.
• Composes routine correspondence, schedules appointments as requested, makes copies, and keeps records for the Assistant VP for Academic Affairs, Non-Traditional Programs and other Academic Affairs personnel as requested. Supports the Executive Assistant in maintaining the departmental calendar and responding to departmental emails. Takes meeting minutes for assigned committee work.
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
• Required: Two years of related work experience
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Proficiency working with and adapting to technology solutions, including Office 365, ERPs or similar databases, and web-based applications
• Ability to multi-task
• Attentiveness to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
• Ability to set priorities and exercise sound independent judgement within areas of responsibility
• Ability to understand, interpret, explain, and apply rules and policies applicable to areas of responsibility
• Ability to prepare clear, accurate, and concise correspondence, records, reports, and other documents
• Ability to apply FERPA and operational aspects of policy and procedure in a higher education environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work environment
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4525690
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.