The Accounts Payable Clerk is primarily responsible for processing accounts payable and purchase order payments.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains vendor files and enters requests for new vendors
- Verifies information on reimbursement requests
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
- Correspond with vendors regarding discrepancies and follow up on outstanding invoices
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Required: Associate’s degree in accounting or 4 years similar experience in lieu of education
- Required: Prior work experience related to the position responsibilities and proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications
- Preferred: Five to ten years of related experience
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of computer technology, particularly Word and Excel
- Attentiveness to detail and an ability to enter data accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to work within a timetable and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer