Administrative Assistant / Health Sciences Division
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Dean of Health Sciences and the department chairs, coordinators and clinical education faculty, faculty of the Department of Exercise Physiology, and the department of Athletic Training and Kinesiology.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Track student clinical hours as well as scan and file student records. Communicate with clinical sites and preceptors as directed. Maintain a clinical database for clinical sites including affiliation agreements, contact information, and student records.
· Prepare admission packets; schedule student interviews; provide hospitality and organization on interview days; keep track of student folders; and communicate with students as assigned.
· Maintain a professional, service-oriented office environment, receiving, serving, and welcoming students and guests via phone, email, or in-person.
· Attend department meetings, including assessment meetings, for both departments; take accurate minutes; secure room reservations, and assist with the meal planning and implementation for advisory committee meetings.
· Assist in the gathering and preparation of accreditation documents; schedule rooms and times for onsite visitors, meet with accreditation visitors if requested, and provide hospitality.
· Process all forms including reimbursement of expenses, institutional travel, and maintenance requests for all departments. Order, track, and inventory supplies/equipment.
· Schedule the pro bono clinics and the Personalized Exercise Program participants.
· Enter data in a timely and accurate manner, process incoming and outgoing mail, answer phone calls, etc.
· Proctors student exams
· Supervises work campus students
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Preference for an Associate’s degree in Applied Sciences or related field and two years of experience
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Must possess a working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and mail merge and be able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute; excellent telephone etiquette; and effective verbal and written communication. Demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse student base; knowledge of FERPA and HIPAA rules and regulations regarding student records. Organizational skills are vital as is the ability to work independently. Possess customer service skills, interpersonal skills, and work well under pressure.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer