Administrative Assistant/Math & Engineering
University of Mary
Administrative Assistant – Math/Engineering
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND welcomes applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant position. The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Administrative Chair and faculty of the Math and Science Division of the School of Arts and Sciences as well as to the Dean of Engineering and the faculty of the School of Engineering.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Assists faculty in the school with various projects and provides basic office assistance to faculty, which includes photocopying, scanning, submitting work orders and IT tickets, and filling out purchase orders and expense reimbursements forms as requested
• Enters data in a timely and accurate manner, processes incoming and outgoing mail, answers phone calls, orders and maintains stock of office supplies, answers phone calls, ensures proper functioning of basic office equipment, and works cooperatively with other administrative staff
• Welcomes students and visitors at the reception desk and assists with general questions
• Assists admissions in arranging potential student visits with faculty members
• Proctors student exams and collects student papers as necessary
• Alerts students of faculty absences from class
• Prepares for and assists new faculty members, purchasing office supplies, requesting phone extensions, preparing office spaces, etc.
• Performs other duties as requested and assigned
• Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work environment
• Records meeting minutes
• Assists with the preparation of semester classroom assignments
• Distributes posters to various places on campus
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Associates degree with two years of work experience in an office support position
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Advanced use and understanding of Microsoft Word software and other general office equipment
• Ability to work as a team member and independently
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click the https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/SOtM6INeJO/Administrative-AssistantMath-Engineering provided to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3022848
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.