Administrative Assistant Student Development
University of Mary
The Administrative Assistant (AA) supports the implementation of the Student Development Strategic Plan “Made for Encounter” as guided by his/her direct supervisor. The AA is responsible for conducting the day-to-day operations of the Student Development Office, responding to inquiries and assisting all visitors. The AA also provides professional administrative support services for staff from University Ministry, Residence Life, Student Life, Mission for Life, and Campus Safety and Security.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries and provide information regarding student housing, meal plans, identification cards, and other Student Development services and programs.
• Performs a variety of administrative services in support of department staff including:
• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
• Generate professional letters, memos, emails, and reports
• Enter data, maintain databases and confidential files in paper and electronic form
• Comply with the Family Educational Records Privacy Act (FERPA) and strictly maintain confidentiality of departmental information and records according to legal and professional standards
• Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Manages incoming and outgoing departmental mail, maintains office equipment and manages supplies inventory
• Assists in planning and coordinating departmental and university-wide special events and activities
• Assists the Student Development Executive Assistant as needed; serves as backup for the executive assistant during absences
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• High School diploma required; Associate’s degree is preferred
• Two or more years of administrative support experience is required
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Student Development and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products; ability to gain proficiency with university-specific software programs including but not limited to; Jenzabar, THD (The Housing Director) and Cboard.
• Ability to maintain a professional office environment and treat confidential information following professional standards and practices
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4489260
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.