Assistant/Associate Professor of Chemistry
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND seeks qualified applicants for a full-time Professor of Chemistry at the Assistant or Associate rank (commensurate with experience and qualifications) beginning September 2022. Responsibilities will include teaching 12 credits each semester primarily consisting of the Organic Chemistry I and II sequence and an Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry course for pre-health students. Opportunities for developing and teaching advanced courses in the applicant’s area(s) of interest/expertise are possible as well. A PhD in Chemistry with an emphasis in Organic Chemistry and demonstrated experience teaching at the college level are required; ability to contribute to expanding course offerings in biochemistry and/or medicinal chemistry is strongly preferred.
Several initiatives are underway in the department, including:
· Implementation of student-centered, active learning methods across the curriculum involving undergraduate student learning assistants when appropriate
· Providing faculty-mentored summer research experiences (www.umary.edu/SURVE)
· Growing the program with new majors in chemistry education and biochemistry/molecular biology
· Candidates capable of contributing to one or more of these initiatives are especially encouraged to apply.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Arts and Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Click here to apply. Complete the required fields and attach (1) your curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter indicating your interest in the position and commitment to supporting the institutional Mission, (3) a statement outlining your teaching experience and philosophy, (4) a brief outline of research interests, specifying how undergraduates might be involved in future projects, (5) official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) the names of and contact information for at least three references. Click “submit” once all of these items have been included.
Confidential reference letters or transcripts may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention Chemistry 2021 on the subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, all application materials should be received by October 15, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer