Assistant Athletic Communications Director
University of Mary
Assistant Athletic Communications Director
The Assistant Athletic Communications Director supports the athletic department with videography, webcasting, development, promotion and execution of all athletic communications in compliance with the policies of the university, the NSIC and the NCAA. A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s ‘https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf whole-person development model.
The office is located in the Athletic Fieldhouse. Duties will also be related to events at off campus facilities used by baseball, soccer, football, track and field, hockey, softball, swimming, and the Armada. Nights and weekend work hours will be required.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Provide videography and assist with photography for all sports, and athletic events that will include game preview, game recaps, highlight videos, Armada Flagship events, Night of Champions, videoboard content, webcast content
• Responsible for set-up, tear-down of athletic events webcasting, training student workers, etc.
• Social media content creation: Assists and oversees the development and distribution of all athletic department social media platforms while assisting sport programs with their social media platforms.
• Supports the communication of assigned management of specific sport previews, statistics, game recaps and special stories or awards
• Update GoUMary.com website (releases, schedules, rosters, etc.)
• Oversees the coordination and distribution of athletic ticketing.
• Responsible for working with each sport to create a yearly editorial calendar of goals and objectives to enhance program development in regard to video support. The Assistant Director of Athletics, Communications with the assistance of Public Affairs will assist in the execution of the calendar.
• Communicates weekly game event details and sponsorships for all sports to the Assistant Athletic Director, Communications for game day media needs, update game day scripts in conjunction with mission advancement, update music computers
• Assists in coordination, distribution, production of all athletic department schedules for online and public communication.
• Responsible for updating and distribution of Marauders Way.
• Assists Associate Director of Athletics with general athletics office responsibilities, including but not limited to: stocking and ordering office supplies, monitoring office printers, work orders, coordination and ordering of staff business cards, general athletic communications with internal and external constituents.
• Performs other related duties as requested and assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in sports management, operations management, public relations, business, communications, public administration, or other related field
• Preferred: Master’s degree in business, fundraising, or other related field
• Required: Previous intercollegiate athletics administration experience
• Preferred: Working experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software (particularly Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Preferred: Experience with SIDEARM websites, NCAA Live Stats, Statcrew
• Preferred: Previous NCAA Division II experience
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Organizational skills and an attentiveness to detail
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to develop a sound understanding of all areas surrounding the development, promotions and execution of athletic events as well as the management of the internal support infrastructure needed to ensure a highly successful outcome
• Excellent communication skills, especially in the area of print and online media
• Strong analytical skills able to evaluate and adjust key performance indicators of the game day experience
• Ability to develop strong relationships within the University Community and within the Bismarck-Mandan area
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4943915
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.