Assistant Coordinator of Campus Safety & Security
University of Mary
Assistant Coordinator Campus Safety & Security
The Assistant Coordinator of Campus Safety and Security assists in the coordination and implementation of an educational safety program covering a broad range of campus safety topics for presentation to students, faculty, and staff. In addition, the Assistant Coordinator manages and enforces the University’s parking and traffic safety policies and works in collaboration with the Coordinator of Campus Safety and Security to assist with compliance regulations and mandates, welcoming visitors to the department, responding to requests for services and assistance, and the daily administration of the department.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Provides superior customer service by greeting guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner. Ensures phone calls are answered promptly and redirected accordingly. Provides proactive leadership for the university’s overall high-quality and comprehensive safety and security program.
• Assists in building and maintaining a university-wide culture of emergency preparedness and safety and assists in a robust education and training program for students, faculty, and staff that includes drills that prepare the university community to respond to emergencies more effectively (e.g., severe weather, fire, violence, medical and mental health emergencies, etc.) and educational programs designed to prevent violent crimes, sexual assault, bullying, substance abuse, etc. Assists in utilizing the university’s emergency notification system (ENS).
• Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with community-based safety and security entities (e.g., law enforcement, the fire department, the county emergency operations center, emergency medical services, the community violence intervention agency, etc.) to serve the university community more effectively.
• Manages the scheduling of and works with contracted service personnel to provide 24/7 safety and security for our university community. Supervises work campus students which includes the management of scheduling.
• Assists in yearly review and implementation of the university’s emergency operations plan and procedure manuals. Assists in training the building representatives at all university campuses.
• Assists in the planning, execution, and evaluation of the university’s annual observance of National Campus Safety Awareness Month.
• Manages and enforces the university’s parking and traffic safety program and trains and supervises staff who enforce associated policies. Assists in developing campus safety and parking policies and procedures for administrative approval.
• Utilizes the University’s professional record-keeping system to document incidents and departmental activities. Assists in the submission of an annual report summarizing program activity, highlights, challenges, the status of annual goals, a budget summary, proposed goals, and a proposed budget.
• The Assistant Coordinator of Campus Safety and Security supports the implementation of the Student Development Strategic Plan, “Made for Encounter” as guided by their direct supervisor.
• The nature of the position’s responsibilities requires the appointee to respond to crises and emergencies with little to no advance notice and will need to be available by phone for various situations that may arise. Substantial weekend and/or evening hours may be required, depending on university events and activities.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years of professional experience in public safety, safety education, law enforcement or private security
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of the Student Development and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Broad knowledge of best practices in campus safety and security.
• Knowledge of and ability to monitor compliance with state and federal laws and regulations regarding campus safety, including but not limited to the Clery Act, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), Title IX, and the Family Educational Records and Privacy Act (FERPA).
• Ability to relate well with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
• Ability to effectively assess, evaluate, and manage various emergencies and crises.
• Ability to develop effective safety education and training programs.
• Ability to teach, instruct, and prepare effective public presentations using electronic technology.
• Ability to write effective policies and procedures and create brochures and other print or electronic information pieces.
• Ability to lead, direct, and effectively supervise others and to maintain a professional demeanor and appropriate discretion.
• Certification in First Aid and CPR.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4728693
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.