Assistant Director of Athletics, Marketing & Game Operations
The Assistant Director Athletics – Marketing/Game Operations directs the development, promotion, and execution of all athletic game day operations in compliance with the policies of the university, the NSIC and the NCAA. The appointee will support all external athletic events involving the Athletic Department as directed by the Athletic Director and/or the Director of Athletic Development. The following key performance indicators will evaluate the appointee: Event Satisfaction Indicators, Financial Revenue Indicators, Facility Maintenance Efficiencies, and an Internal Departmental Review.
A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s ‘Greatness Through Virtue’ whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinates internal game day management, oversees game day scheduling, responsible for all pre-game/post-game set-up/tear-down and executes all game day promotions and sponsorships.
• Supports and implements sponsorships, partnerships, media contracts and in-kind agreements under the direction of the Athletics Director and the Director of Athletic Development
• Responsible for working with each sport to create a yearly editorial calendar of goals and objectives to enhance program development. The Director of Athletics with the assistance of Public Affairs will assist in the execution of the calendar.
• Communicates weekly game event details and sponsorships for all sports to the Assistant Athletic Director – Communications for game day promotions.
• Acts as the university’s liaison to the NSIC office regarding sporting event changes involving dates, times, and locations and reports all changes to the Athletic Director
• Coordinates an athletic facility maintenance plan (all athletic facilities) working directly with the Director of Physical Plant and the Director of Community Relations
• Supports all developmental activities of the Athletic Department including any Armada event, the season ticket campaign, and individual sport promotional opportunities
• Responsible for ordering all athletic gear needed for the overall operations of the athletic department. This includes administration, game workers and student workers
• Performs other related duties as requested and assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in sports management, operations management, public relations, business, communications, public administration, or related field
• Preferred: Master’s degree in business, fundraising, or related field
• Required: Previous intercollegiate athletics administration experience; Must have a good driving record
• Preferred: Previous NCAA Division II experience; A CDL/Passenger certification
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Organizational skills and an attentiveness to detail
• Ability to self-motivate and work independently
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to develop a sound understanding of all areas surrounding the development, promotions and execution of athletic events as well as the management of the internal support infrastructure needed to ensure a highly successful outcome
• Excellent communication skills, especially in the area of print and online media
• Strong analytical skills able to evaluate and adjust key performance indicators of the game day experience
• Ability to develop strong relationships within the University Community and within the Bismarck-Mandan area
The office located in the McDowell Activity Center. Duties will also be related to events at off-campus facilities used by baseball, soccer, football, track and field, hockey, softball, swimming, and the Armada. Nights and weekend work hours will be required.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To apply, visit: https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/6yRro9FIUE/Assistant-Director-Of-Athletics-Marketing-Game-Operations