Assistant Professor Computer Science
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for an Assistant Professor for Computer Science. The successful candidate will display enthusiasm for teaching and learning and is able to teach a wide variety of courses. Experience teaching a variety of lower and upper division Computer Science courses and labs is preferred. Experience teaching courses relating to the liberal arts or teaching Computer Science at a liberal arts college is preferred. A Ph.D. in appropriate area is preferred, Masters required, no specific sub discipline is sought. Industry experience is considered favorable.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
· Knowledge of the Linux Operating system is preferred.
· Instruct students on how computers work, including the basic science and mathematics behind their operation and the hardware and software built on those foundations.
· Teach how to write computer programs, algorithms, and programming languages.
· Keep records of grades, grade papers, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
· Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
· Experience teaching courses relating to the liberal arts or teaching Computer Science at a liberal arts college is preferred.
· A Ph.D. in appropriate area is preferred, Masters required, no specific sub discipline is sought.
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Engineering and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here to apply. Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to email@example.com.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer