Assistant Professor of Civil or Mechanical Engineering
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking a full-time faculty position in Civil or Mechanical Engineering for fall 2021. Teaching and developing engineering courses and labs, developing industry contacts, serving on committees, and participating in the ethical, moral, and leadership formation of our students are crucial aspects of this position as well as the ability to integrate and synthesize into the Engineering courses the broad-based liberal arts knowledge and values that comprise the core curriculum for all students at the university.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- A Ph.D. in an Engineering discipline is required
- Experience teaching courses and/or laboratories at the college level is preferred
- Teaching undergraduate courses in the fields of general engineering and either mechanical or civil engineering.
- Develops courses and curriculum
- Assumes a leadership role in setting goals for academic achievement, student recruitment, and student retention
- Leads and supervises ongoing program improvement based on accreditation standards, program objectives, and university competencies
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Engineering and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/2VM4ZisG3h/Assistant-Professor-Of-Civil-Or-Mechanical-Engineering to apply at Umary.edu. Upload your attachments and click submit.
Qualified applicants should submit (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (4) three letters of recommendation.
Additional attachments or anything larger than 5MB may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Equal Opportunity Employer