Assistant Professor of Music; Voice
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Music, Voice to begin fall 2021.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
- Teach Applied Music Voice to vocal performance majors and music students for whom voice is the primary performance area
- Prepare students for recitals as per their program requirements
- Teach Vocal Pedagogy and Literature, Vocal Methods, Diction I and Diction II in semester rotation
- Teach Applied Music Voice and Applied Music Capstone in the MA in Music program
- Direct and coach the Vocal Arts Ensemble
- Maintain accurate student records, including syllabi, attendance, and grading using the University of Mary Learning Management Systems
- Contribute to the ethos of the Music Department and the School of Arts and Sciences
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- Doctorate degree in vocal performance or pedagogy
- Significant teaching experience
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Arts and Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/aD9QyVaPTD/Assistant-Professor-Of-Music-Voice to apply. Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) One-page statement of teaching philosophy, (4) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, (5) Names and contact information of three references with a brief description of relationship to candidate, and (6) Three links to recent solo or collaborative performance recordings, video preferred.
Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Questions about the position can be submitted to Dr. Tom Porter, Chair, Department of Music at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer