Athletic Training – Assistant Professor
The Assistant Professor for Athletic Training reports to the Athletic Training and Kinesiology Department Chair and is responsible for maintaining, assessing, and growing the Master of Athletic Training program, teaching assigned courses, advising students, advising research projects, maintaining/obtaining contemporary expertise, and other duties as assigned.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see https://www.umary.edu/about/mission-identity).
• Teaching in the MSAT in line with contemporary expertise
• Continue to develop curriculum to meet the changing needs of the student and profession
• Assist in teaching in other areas in the department as needed
• Attend all new faculty orientations, formation retreat, and all faculty meetings in the program, department, school, and university
• Assist with program assessment and development
• Assess program and courses on a regular basis
• Assist in recruitment efforts in the department
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• Master’s degree required
• Doctoral degree preferred
• Must be a certified athletic trainer, credentials in good standing with the BOC; licensure in the state of North Dakota; a minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as a certified athletic trainer; contemporary expertise in athletic training
• Preference for a candidate with previous teaching experience in athletic training, certified strength and conditioning specialist credential or other credentials to assist teaching in a AT program
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4784907