University of Mary
The University Bookstore Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the university bookstore operations, including inventory management, budgeting, staff supervision, and ensuring an exceptional customer experience. This role plays a pivotal part in supporting the academic needs of the university community by providing textbooks, course materials, and a wide range of merchandise while aligning with the institution’s mission and goals.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Inventory Management
• Oversee the procurement and management of textbooks, course materials, and general merchandise.
• Monitor inventory levels to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
• Manage the selection of all merchandise, including clothing and C-Store, to cater to the needs and preferences of the university community.
• Financial Management
• Develop and manage the bookstore budget, including revenue projections, expense control, and financial reporting.
• Implement pricing strategies and promotional campaigns to optimize revenue and profitability.
• Monitor and analyze sales data and trends to make data-driven decisions.
• Staff Supervision
• Recruit, train and manage bookstore staff to ensure a well-trained and customer-focused team.
• Delegate responsibilities, schedule employees, and provide performance evaluations.
• Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
• Customer Experience
• Ensure exceptional customer service and a welcoming atmosphere in the bookstore.
• Develop and implement customer service standards and policies.
• Address customer inquiries, concerns and feedback to improve the overall shopping experience.
• Course Material Coordination
• Collaborate with academic departments to ensure the timely adoption of course materials.
• Work with faculty to source affordable course materials and digital alternatives.
• Manage textbook rental programs and other cost-saving initiatives.
• Marketing and Promotion
• Develop and execute marketing strategies to promote the bookstore’s products and services.
• Organize events, sales, and promotions to engage the university community.
• Maintain an online presence and explore e-commerce opportunities.
• Compliance & Policies
• Ensure the bookstore complies with relevant laws, regulations, and university policies.
• Maintain accurate records and reports related to textbook adoption, sales, and other operations.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business management, retail management, or a related field
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
• Knowledge of inventory control, financial management, and retail operations
• Familiarity with textbook adoption processes in an educational setting
• Proficiency with inventory management software and point of sale systems
• This position may require occasional evening and weekend work, particularly during peak periods like textbook buyback and rush weeks.
• The University Bookstore Director is expected to stay current with industry trends and innovations to enhance the bookstore’s offerings
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4753940
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.