The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for a Bookstore Manager for the campus bookstore. Duties include coordinating purchasing, customer service, display, stocking, inventory, computer functions, and ensures adequate stock of all non-textbook merchandise to meet student and staff needs.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Assumes all responsibilities in initiating, coordinating, and maximizing the budget used to purchase all non-textbook merchandise
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with local, national, and online vendors to order and maintain food products, clothing, and other merchandise
• Independently researches and monitors fashion and merchandise trends among college and university students
• Ensures purchasing of quality merchandise and maintains reasonable costs
• Ensures logo integrity and its proper use on clothing and merchandise
• Checks and validates invoices for all shipments and prices
• Maintains a welcoming impression, monitoring the store’s overall appearance and displaying merchandise in a way which takes into account the venue and customer
• Completes special orders for departments throughout the university
• Provides direction for student workers
• Assists faculty, staff, and students with questions and concerns they may have
• Assists customers with purchases, operates the cash register, and assists with data entry
• Updates the bookstore website
• Supervises the preparation and execution of the annual inventory
• Deposits receipts daily
• Oversees all functions of the bookstore in the absence of the director
• Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Associate degree in merchandising or related field is required with a minimum of 1-3 years general merchandising retail experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Financial Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
• Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of modern methods and equipment used in operating a bookstore
• Knowledge of practices used in purchasing retail merchandise
• Some knowledge of accounting procedures, particularly those involved in developing and monitoring budgets; ensuring profitability of bookstore operations; and keeping records as they relate to cash receipts, sales, and accounts receivable
• Knowledge of inventory techniques and state and college purchasing regulations and policies
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer