Clinical Operations Specialist
University of Mary
Clinical Operations Specialist
The Clinical Operations Specialist coordinates, documents, and reports clinical placements for all nursing students (either undergraduate or graduate level) and ensures compliance with all clinical partners. This position is responsible for securing new contracts and/or renewal of contracts for SGSHS healthcare programs and is the project manager for the SGSHS clinical contract database and process.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinates the overall management of nursing clinicals. A process that includes:
• Partner with faculty to ensure a seamless clinical placement process for students and the professional network of preceptors and clinical sites
• Collaborate with faculty to explain clinical (direct and indirect) and preceptorship placement process to students.
• Assist faculty with updates to Preceptor Manuals.
• Manage indirect and direct clinical placement process.
• Collect student requests, verify with faculty appropriateness of requests, and communicate with facilities to secure placement.
• Verify potential preceptor credentials.
• Develop strong relationships with clinical partners.
• Maintain frequent communication, keeping faculty/division informed of developments affecting their function.
• Assist students with scheduling issues.
• Create, distribute, and collect preceptor bio forms, preceptor evaluations, student evaluations of preceptor, and student self-evaluations. Provide summary reports to Level Coordinator/Program Coordinator.
• Attend meetings with Clinical Partners, keeping updated of current policies and procedures.
• Integrate policies and procedures of Clinical Partners to internal clinical and preceptorship placement workflows.
• Provide summary reports of clinical experiences for dissemination to regulatory and accreditation bodies.
• Serves as the project manager to onboard students to all clinical sites
• Maintain site requirements information.
• Collect, track, and distribute onboarding documentation requirements of students set by clinical agencies.
• Orient students to online onboarding sites and assure compliance (myClinicalExchange, Clinician Nexus)
• Facilitate and track additional requirements outside of Castlebranch (drug screens, N95 FIT tests).
• Collect and track annual student forms.
• Provide management of Certified Background clinical tracking system:
• Serve as point of contact for nursing students.
• Create and update student accounts to include but not be limited to immunizations, criminal background checks, licensure, and certifications.
• Assure that students have met immunization requirements of all clinical sites they attend.
• Promote satisfaction of students, faculty, the community, and university stakeholders through hospitable and timely email and phone communications. Handles any problems that arise and any complaints or grievances. Investigates and resolves such complaints or when necessary/applicable involves faculty and/or Associate Dean of Nursing.
• Participates in all monthly program meetings and a portion of the annual program assessment days related to clinical experiences
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Bachelor’s degree in project management, nursing or related medical field preferred
• A minimum of 2 years of project management experience required
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the St. Gianna School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to operate computer systems, such as Microsoft Office software, student management software, and a web database of the clinical tracking system
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4791045
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.