The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND has an opening for a full-time custodian. The custodian ensures safe, clean, and professional working environments for the campus community.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Participates in set-up and clean-up of events
· Performs custodial duties as assigned
· Inspects mechanical spaces and building supports systems regularly, filing reports and creating work orders for maintenance or repairs
· Performs general maintenance activities, using hand and power tools as needed
· Performs grounds activities, mowing lawns, edging, cleaning up trash, removing snow etc.
· Completes work orders for the campus community, accurately describes labor and cost resources, and describes the resolution of the request
· Assists with deliveries and furniture moves
· Assists with mail room activities and operations
· Performs other related duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· High School diploma or GED is required
· Previous professional cleaning, maintenance, or grounds experience is preferred
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Physical Plant and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
· Ability to communicate clear written and verbal messages
· Ability to present a professional image
· Knowledge of safety equipment usage (e.g. AED, fire extinguishers, etc.), proper cleaning methods, and safety measures essential to the work environment
· Ability to work outdoors in temperature extremes, work with high noise levels, heights and must have the ability to repetitively lift up to 50 lbs.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/o1bo5FYaIz/Custodian to submit your application or mail your resume to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer