The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified applicants for the open position of Database Manager in the Office of Mission Advancement.
Responsible for supervising and maintaining the integrity and security of the donor database by developing and enforcing standards and controls used in Mission Advancement. Collaborates with the Mission Advancement support team and is responsible for appropriate donor follow-up including but not limited to; thank you letters, pledge reminders, and annual statements.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain integrity of database, ensure accurate and timely queries and reports, receive and process donations, reconcile month-end with the Business Office. Monitor and update donor records as required. Create policies and instruction manuals for department use. Initiate donor follow-up correspondence.
- Directly supervise administrative assistants and work campus students to ensure efficient workflow.
- Train new Raiser’s Edge users and keep current with new capabilities of Raiser’s Edge. Administer appropriate security levels for Raiser’s Edge users, facilitate major imports/exports and pull queries and reports from the database. Work with technical support as needed to resolve database issues.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference for 5 years of experience in Database Management.
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Mission Advancement and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time and tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Proven knowledge of best practices in database management
- Raiser’s Edge experience or higher education database experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Excellent critical thinking skills
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to apply: https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/Vb7hnG9DbU/Database-Manager
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer