Director of Alumni Relations
University of Mary
Director of Alumni Relations
The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for maintaining strong ties with the university’s alumni. The focus of this program is to deepen the loyalty of the alumni, foster their appreciation for their alma mater and to maintain their interactions with the university. The main thrust of the Alumni programs is to develop relationships that will result in a keen interest in the university’s future and a willingness to support that future and the mission of the University of Mary with time, talent, and treasure. The Director of Alumni Relations will supervise the duties of the alumni relations coordinator and have access to an advancement assistant on an as needed basis according to budgetary and managerial priorities.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Manages relationships with up to 100 top level alumni donors for personal cultivation and annual solicitation
• Maintains a multifaceted alumni database designed to engage new supporters and inspire current supporters to new levels of support
• Develops relationships with and coordinates events specifically for the alumni and manages all giving clubs and alumni initiatives
• Works with the Director of Mission Advancement and the Major Gift Officers to plan alumni cultivation events in identified geographical regions
• Ensures relevant donor, gift, and visit data is entered into the Blackbaud database in a timely fashion
• Coordinates cultivation and solicitation visits with the Vice Presidents of Public Affairs and Mission Advancement, deans, the president, and board members
• Performs other duties as assigned and requested
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business, Communications, Public Administration, or another related field
• Preferred: Master’s degree in Business, Fundraising, or another related field
• Five years of demonstrated progressive experience in philanthropy and fundraising, specifically in successful annual campaign design and implementation in higher education or similar structure and/or an understanding of the methodology and philosophy of relationship management in a fundraising environment
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Public Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to act as a superb administrator with superior organizational skills and an eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills, particularly in the areas of print and online media
• Strong technical aptitude and ability to analyze ROI of process, adjust as necessary, and establish key benchmarks for performance
• Ability to build strong and effective relationships with donors both in person and through mail
• Ability to manage budget oversight and event planning with an attentiveness to detail
• Proficiency in general computer skills and database operations
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
To view all of our current openings, please visit our career page at https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3699486
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.