Doctoral of Business Administration Coordinator
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND invites applications for a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Coordinator for the Gary Tharaldson School of Business. The DBA Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of the specialized graduate program – Doctorate of Business Administration; implementing the educational and professional objectives of the School, including accreditation; and working with faculty, staff, and students in the development of quality teaching, scholarly research, and public service programs. The appointee makes recommendations to the Dean on particular matters related to curriculum, faculty personnel, programs, instruction, committee assignments, budgets, physical plant, and other related academic concerns. S/He shares the academic responsibilities and privileges of a full-time faculty.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php).
- Creates, facilitates, and advocates for the development of the DBA academic program of the School. In collaboration with the Dean, leads the implementation of academic program development, accreditation, and assessment processes within the school for the DBA
- Facilitates the development of budgets and allocations and approves expenditures as appropriate for the DBA program
- Coordinates the recruitment, orientation, and retention of full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty, as well as dissertation committee members for the DBA program. Encourages and maintains significant levels of faculty professional engagement in the School and evaluates full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty for the purpose of faculty development for the DBA program. Approves and administers faculty assignments in consultation with academic leaders and according to current contract agreements for the DBA program.
- Finalizes academic scheduling in DBA program, consultation with other academic deans, departmental coordinators, and in light of information provided by academic counselors, the registrar, admissions staff, and student government
- In collaboration with the Dean, approves instructional equipment and technology acquisition and advocates for and assists programs in the utilization of new technologies to improve education and educational delivery for the DBA program
- Hears and acts on student requests and concerns related to academic areas in accordance with the university’s published academic appeals process related to the DBA program. Serves as a student advocate through the development of activities that contribute to student success and by dealing appropriately with student concerns and problems for DBA program.
- Works with the Dean, school faculty, Vice President for Academic Affairs, and President to develop outreach efforts that increase the school’s and individual faculty’s stature within the greater community related to the DBA program. At the direction of the Dean and with program leaders, networks with industry professionals to discuss new developments and trends and to obtain feedback on curriculum and delivery effects on student recruitment and persistence related to the DBA program.
- Assists the Dean and the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Services with recruitment efforts for the DBA program. Guides school policy and practices to improve academic quality and student recruitment, retention, and persistence in the DBA program. Works with the Director of Institutional Research to develop strategies to track student recruitment, retention, and persistence to graduation as part of the school’s assessment plan for the DBA program.
- Continues to develop professionally through involvement in scholarship, creative work, meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or courses
- Identifies critical issues, develops background information, collects, and analyzes data, and prepares position statements and reports on DBA program
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- Earned terminal degree in a field related to those offered within the School
- A Doctorate of Business Administration is preferred
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Gary Tharaldson School of Business and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/yD6ygAQll8/Doctoral-Of-Business-Administration-Coordinator to apply at Umary.edu. Upload your attachments and click submit.
Qualified applicants should submit (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (4) three letters of recommendation.
Additional attachments or anything larger than 5MB may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer