Elementary Education Online Program Coordinator
This position is an 8-month full-time faculty rank position that includes teaching and advising responsibilities in the traditional Elementary Education program and program administration responsibilities for the Elementary Education online program. This position is directly responsible to the Chair of the Department of Education and the Elementary Education Program Director in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
· Administration of Online Elementary Education Program
· Teaching in Elementary Education Traditional and Online Programs
· Student Advising
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
· Master’s degree in Elementary Education required
· Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Education preferred
· Required: Evidence of successful elementary school teaching experience
· Preferred: Evidence of successful leadership or administrative experiences. Teaching at the collegiate level with preference in teaching elementary education courses. Knowledge of the CAEP standards and higher education accreditation process.
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Liffrig Family School of Education and Behavioral Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities. The University of Mary is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Click here to apply. Qualified candidates are asked to provide; (1) Curriculum Vitae, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Teaching Portfolio, (4) Teaching Evaluations, (5) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) Three letters of recommendation. Please upload the requested materials and click “submit application”. Confidential letters of recommendation, transcripts, and anything larger than 5MB can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer