Exercise Physiology Assistant/Associate Professor
University of Mary
PhD Exercise Physiology
The University of Mary, Bismarck, ND, is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time professor teaching in the Master of Science Clinical Exercise Physiology (MSCEP) and Bachelor of Science Exercise Science (EXS) programs within the School of Health Sciences. Both MSCEP and EXS Programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and have a clinical emphasis. This position includes potential for serving as CEP Program Coordinator with teaching responsibilities.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see http://www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
• Exercise Physiology terminal degree (PhD or DSc)
• Content expertise related to teaching area
• Prior teaching experience in higher education
• Prior clinical experience in cardiorespiratory rehabilitation or with other chronic conditions
• ACLS certification
• ACSM CEP certification
• Active involvement with professional activities at the local, state, regional, or national level
• Prior experience with research development
• Evidence of scholarly productivity (peer reviewed publications and/or presentations)
• Graduate of an accredited exercise physiology program
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Ability to collaborate with others and work as a team
• Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, problem solving, and flexibility
• Ability to engage in student mentorship and guidance
• Competent computer skills in Word programs and remote media platforms (i.e. Zoom, Teams, etc.)
• Familiarity with ParvoMedics TrueOne 2400 Metabolic Measurement System with TrackMaster TMX428CP Treadmill, and GE Case EKG system
Primary teaching responsibilities will be determined based on background and specific content expertise, with preference for a strong preparation in exercise physiology, clinical exercise physiology (i.e. cardiopulmonary, metabolic physiology, pathophysiology, etc.), and research methods. Other tasks include assisting with marketing, advising students, program assessment, and supervising the Exercise Clinic. All faculty are expected to be active members of the University of Mary community.
Applicants must have a PhD or DSc in Exercise Physiology. Candidates with ABD will be considered, provided the dissertation is completed within one year of employment. Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission of the University of Mary. The University of Mary is an EEO/AA employer. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri River and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with a total enrollment of about 3800 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
The Exercise Physiology Department (programs in exercise science and clinical exercise physiology) is housed in the School of Health Sciences and both programs are fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). The School provides a stimulating academic environment with excellent collaborative relationships with the other programs such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, athletic training, respiratory care, and speech language pathology. Faculty in the program have a diverse set of knowledge, skills, and content expertise. The program is strongly supported by the University administration with a commitment to move into newly renovated space in the near future.
How to Apply:
We welcome your interest in the University of Mary. Click https://apptrkr.com/3954858 to apply. Upload your materials or send to mailto:email@example.com.
The University of Mary is an EEO/AA employer. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3954858
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.