Graduate Assistant for Women’s Basketball
The University of Mary is currently seeking a Graduate Assistant for Women’s Basketball. The ideal candidate is passionate about influencing and mentoring female student-athletes at the University of Mary. This position is responsible for assisting the Head and Assistant Women’s Basketball Coaches.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Recruiting and camp coordinating
· Developing our student athletes with skill and academic development
· Practice and game preparation
· Community events
· Acts as travel liaison
· Office tasks and other duties as assigned
This position also includes:
· Graduate Tuition
· A stipend is provided
· A partial meal plan is provided
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary
· Understanding of the ‘Greatness Through Virtue’ core strategies
· Working knowledge of NCAA rules, standards, practices, and procedures
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong communication skills
· Possess knowledge of the game of basketball and be able to demonstrate and teach on the field
· Preference for successful experience coaching/playing at the collegiate level or higher
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to apply.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer