The University of Mary is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Women’s Tennis beginning fall 2019. The University of Mary, an NCAA Division II institution, competes in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. The Graduate Assistant will be primarily responsible for assisting the head coach of a competitive NCAA Division II tennis program with supervision, player development, performance, and maintenance of the intercollegiate tennis program.
The successful candidate must be fully committed to all NCAA, Northern Sun and University of Mary Athletics Department policies and procedures and will be expected to work cooperatively with all constituencies and campus units.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Assists the head coach with the tennis program
· Assists with travel and driving vehicles to athletic events
· Fundraising, community service/outreach
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
· Bachelor’s degree is required
· Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate studies at the University of Mary
· Previous experience as a tennis athlete or a coach
· Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· CDL driver’s license is required by September 1st. The payment and education will be provided free of charge for this requirement.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
· This position includes:
o Graduate tuition waiver
o Coaching gear
o Partial meal plan
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your cover letter and resume and click submit.
To apply from outside the University’s website, click this link https://20180131204703_mrqn5wkdjxdxcccb.applytojob.com/apply/lSuGCjEvHC/Graduate-Assistant-For-Womens-Tennis or copy and paste it into your browser.
Files larger than 5MB cannot be uploaded. Any large attachments or any additional attachments, such as transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent to email@example.com
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer