Graduate Assistant Strength & Conditioning
University of Mary
Graduate Assistant – Strength & Conditioning
The Graduate Assistant Position for the Strength and Conditioning program is about developing the physical and mental aspects of training the scholar-athletes at the University of Mary. This part-time position is responsible for assisting the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with operating a collegiate strength and conditioning department. The goal of this position is to immerse one in all aspects of running a collegiate strength and conditioning department and to prepare the Graduate Assistant Coach for a fulltime coaching position at the college or high school level.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Develops, implements, and monitors sport-specific strength training programs and sport-specific speed, agility, and conditioning programs for teams and individual athletes
• Works in partnership with administration, coaching staff, and athletic training staff to provide an integrated program of injury prevention, performance training, and nutritional planning
• Monitors the weight room and safe lifting techniques of student athletes when possible
• Operate/oversee social media accounts for the strength and conditioning department
• Meeting with potential student athletes in the recruiting process
• Performs related duties as assigned by the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree required and full-time enrollment in a graduate program – must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary
• One or more of the following certifications: CSCS, SCCC, USAW, or FMS
• Undergrad in exercise science or related field of study
• Previous coaching experience at high school, collegiate, or professional setting
• Ability to demonstrated and teach Olympic lifts, running mechanics, and change of direction mechanics
• Candidate will possess a good work ethic, attention to detail, ability to manage sensitive and confidential student information, and a familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Proficiency in social media is preferred
• Strong communication skills is preferred
• Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
This position also includes:
• Graduate Tuition waiver
• A stipend is provided
• A partial meal plan is provided
In keeping with the University’s strategic plan Vision 2030, this position requires thoughtful commitment to the University’s unique philosophy of collegiate athletics (please see the Athletic Strategic Plan https://goumary.com/documents/2019/8/19/Athletic_Strategic_plan.pdf). Candidates will want to demonstrate clearly in their application materials both an ability and a willingness to understand and champion this vision, which is the bringing together of sport and true virtue.
University of Mary Marauders Athletics
The University of Mary is a member of NCAA Division II and the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and offers ten varsity sports for women and eight for men. U-Mary became an active member of the NCAA in 2007. The Marauders began competing in the NSIC in the fall of 2006.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3954871
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.